||The applicant is staying at Bangalore for the last two years and permanent address is in Kerala. Can he/she endorse his/her permanent address instead of present address in the passport?
||Only the present address will be endorsed on the passport and not the permanent address.|
||I have stayed at three different addresses during last one year. Will the police verification be done at all the places?|
||Yes. The police verification will be done at all the three addresses where the applicant has resided in the last one year.|
||While applying for fresh passport, the applicant mentions his paying guest address as present address in the application form. If the applicant shifts to another address before police verification, what should he/she do?|
||He/She should intimate the Department In charge of Police Station.|
||I am a self employed person and have recently shifted to Bangalore from Delhi. I want to apply for passport on Tatkaal basis, but I don't have any address proof. What should I do?|
||It is mandatory to submit proof of address to apply for passport.|
For Proof of Address attach one of the following documents:
Note: If any applicant submits only ration card as proof of address, it should be accompanied by one more proof of address out of the given categories.
- Water/Telephone (landline or post paid mobile bill)/Electricity bill/Statement of running bank account (Scheduled Commercial bank excluding Regional Rural banks and local area banks)/Income Tax Assessment Order/Election Commission Photo Id card/Gas connection bill/Certificate from Employer of reputed and widely known companies on letter head.
- Spouse's passport copy (Pages mentioning personal particulars including family details), (provided the applicant's present address matches the address mentioned in the spouse's passport)
- Parent's passport copy, in case of minors (Pages mentioning personal particulars)
- Applicant's current and valid ration card
- Aadhaar Card
||A mentally retarded person wants to go to abroad for treatment. He does not have any address proof. Will he be able to get passport? If yes, then what is the procedure?|
||The applicant has to apply for passport and submit parent's/legal guardian's address proof along with his/her date of birth proof. Passport would be granted to the applicant subject to approval of Competent Authority. Assistant Passport Officer's /RPO/ CPV Division.|
|Passport Seva Kendra Working Hours|
||What are the timings of Passport Seva Kendra? Also, what are the lunch timings?|
||The timings of Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) are as follows:
- Working Days
- Working Hours
9:30 AM - 4:30 PM
- Token Issuance
9:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Lunch Hours
1:30 PM - 2:00 PM
|Short Validity Passports|
||In what cases Short validity passport (SVP) is issued? What documents are required to be submitted?|
||Short Validity passport (SVP) is issued in following cases:
- In case of urgency, students can be issued a SVP on production of admission letters if they are to appear in examinations, such as TOEFL, SAT etc. Such applications can also be processed under the Tatkaal Scheme, if they are accompanied by verification certificate as prescribed, and proof of urgency is furnished to the Passport Office(PO).
- There are instances of non-delivery of passports to the applicants due to loss in transit in the post offices. In case of urgency, a SVP may be issued to the applicant, the validity to be extended to full term on completion of the formalities.
- Indians residing abroad and visiting India for a short period: SVP can be issued immediately, valid for one year, on production of return ticket to the country from which the applicant came and/or a document of identity such as driving license, Green Card, employment permit, social security card, health card, labour card etc. indicating the applicant's identity and nationality. If the application is for issue of duplicate passport in lieu of damaged passport, the damaged passport itself may be accepted as proof of identity provided the personal particulars are clear and legible.
- If a criminal case is pending against the applicant in any Court, he/she can be issued a passport subject to the condition that a written permission granted by the court allowing the applicant to travel abroad is enclosed. Normally a SVP valid for one year is issued, subject to conditions if any, mentioned in the Court order as per GSR 570 (E) dated 25 August, 1993.
||What will be the validity of passport if I apply for renewal of Short Validity Passport?|
||The validity of passport would be decided by Assistant Passport Officer/RPO , if you apply for renewal of Short Validity Passport.|
|Passport with incorrect details printed |
||Incorrect details have been printed on my passport. What should I do?|
||If you find any mistake/error in the particulars printed in the passport booklet and the application form you submitted, please return the passport for necessary rectification. Any additional fees required to be paid would depend on the merits of the case to be decided by the Assistant Passport Officer (APO)/RPO. If there is a misrepresentation of facts, then penalty could also be imposed. However, applicants are requested to apply online with the view to ensure that the passports are delivered without any typographical errors since applicants have themselves fed the data.|
||What should be the value of the Stamp paper on which the various affidavits are to be executed?|
||An affidavit needs to be prepared on non-judicial stamp paper of minimum value.|
||My mother is old and infirm. She cannot come to the Passport Seva Kendra. Can I apply for her through an agent? |
I am a very busy executive. Can my office boy submit the application on my behalf?
||Under the new system it is mandatory for all applicants to be physically present while submitting the passport application form at the Passport Seva Kendra.|
||What are Special Passports?|
||India used to issue Special Passports to citizens of India who intend to travel to Bangladesh or Sri Lanka. These passports are only good for travel to the specified destination country. The government ceased issuing Indo-Bangladesh passports in 2006, although those already issued are usable until their expiration dates. These passports allow travel to Bangladesh without requiring a visa, which ordinary passport-holders need to obtain.|