The current opening time of appointments is 11:00 AM.
Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendra(s) under this Passport Office. Click here for details.
- Categories of Applicants allowed as “Walk-In with ARN”
Following mentioned categories of applicants are allowed as “Walk-in Applicants”.
- Applicants for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC).
- Senior citizens above 60 years .
- Minors below 15 years whose at least one parent hold valid passports with spouse name entered.
- Physically challenged applicants (including visually impaired, deaf and mute reporting with medical certificate) .
Applicants falling under above categories can apply either with online appointment or in walk-in mode. Although it is desirable that such applicants should come to PSK with the online appointment. Applicants, who wish to apply in walk-in mode without booking online appointment, need to register Online, fill in the online application form and generate Application Reference Number (ARN) at least one day in advance before visiting the PSK. Such applicants may visit their respective PSK with required set of documents and a copy of printed ARN sheet between 09:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Applicants who wants to come with online appointment are required to deposit the fee online and take online appointment.
- For cases requiring appointments, Applicant should take appointment in their respective PSKs. However, applicant can also choose to take appointment at other PSKs (within RPO Chandigarh) in case the applicant is unable to get appointment at her/his respective PSK.
- Applicants who have been refused token due to non-availability of required set of documents can re-visit the same PSK as walk-in on the next one working day from the date of appointment and as per the time slot mentioned in the appointment slip. On-line appointment is not mandatory for these applicants on the next working day.
- Please note that Tatkal application processing will start only after checking of required documents, Police Verification status / confirmation of Verification Certificate (annexure- F).
- Applicants applying under Tatkaal need to visit the PSK with prior appointment. Tatkaal appointments for such applicants will be released 2 days prior to the date of service. For example, Tatkaal appointments will be released on 30th May 2014 at 11.00 AM for date of service 1st June 2014. Tatkal applicants can also take appointment under Normal Category also.
- The applicants who are in urgent/ tatkal need of passports and have all the necessary documents to obtain passport and are not able to get online appointments may approach the Regional Passport Office, SCO 28-32, Sector 34A, Chandigarh with necessary documents and with online registration number (ARN Number) and "Proof of urgency" for getting appointments. The appointments may be given based on the load and capacity of PSK and reason of urgency.
- Applicant can collect PCC in pre police verification cases from 10 am to 1 pm from the concerned PSK.
- Applicants falling under the below mentioned categories are advised to visit Regional Passport Office, SCO 28-32, Sector 34A, Chandigarh between 9.30 AM to 12.30 PM on all working days along with print out of ARN (Application reference number) and required set of documents to deposit their applications.
- All Diplomatic & Official Passport applications.
- All adoption cases.
- All EC (Emergency Certificate)/ deportation cases.
- Short validity Passport issued in foreign country.
- Cases with court permission.
- Change in personal particulars like Date of Birth & Place of Birth.
- Applicants who wish to apply for Surrender Certificate on acquiring Foreign Citizenship.
- For passport of Minor children:
- If only one of the parents holds a valid passport but other does not, then the other parent should be physically present along with the original passport of other parent while submitting the passport application of minor child.
- And if, both the parents are having passports, then any one parent can be present with both parents' passports (in original) while submitting the application for minor child.
- In case none of the parent has the passport then both should be physically present with their ID Proofs.
- Late registration of birth certificates should have endorsement on them regarding orders of late registration.
- For any problem/enquiry applicants can visit Regional Passport Office, Sector 34 A Chandigarh for enquiry between 9.30 AM to 12:30 PM ONLY on all working days (Except Wednesday) identified as Enquiry Days by RPO Chandigarh in a week. Please note that no enquiries will be entertained on Wednesdays. O
- In view of long appointment cycle at PSK Ambala, applicants of Karnal and Kurukshetra districts are advised to schedule appointment at PSK Chandigarh for quick processing of Passport.
- Change of jurisdiction for Moga district from Chandigarh RPO to Jalandhar RPO
A health checkup camp was organised at RPO Chandigarh on 2/8/2014 for RPO Employees. the camp was organised with the help of MAX hospital Mohali. ECG, Bone marrow density, All blood tests, Eye test, Cardiac checkup, Gyne checkup, hypertenstion, dietician consultation etc were done by MAX hospital free of cost. Around 80 employees were benefitted from this medical camp. MAX hospital has been recently empanelled for CGHS employees.$passportRpoPassport India 2015 - An Year of Smart Citizen Service delivery. POPSK Karnal is going to be operational from 25th Mar 2017.$passportRpoThis section is currently not available.$passportRpoThis section is currently not available.$passportRpo29/04/2016$passportRpo29/04/2016$passportRpo29/04/2016