The current opening time of appointments is 2:30 PM.
Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendra(s) under this Passport Office. Click here for details.
- Categories of Applicants allowed as “Walk-In with ARN”
Following mentioned categories of applicants are allowed as "Walk-in Applicants". Applicants falling under these categories need to register Online, fill in the online application form and generate Application Reference Number (ARN) at least one day in advance before visiting the PSK. With effective from 15th July,2015 such applicants may visit the PSK with required set of documents and a copy of printed ARN sheet between 02:00 PM to 4:00 PM only on all working days except Mondays. No walk-ins allowed at Tambaram and Aminjikarai PSKs.
For PSK Saligramam:
- Senior citizens above 60 years
- Physically challenged Applicants (Certified)
- Police Clearance Certificate(PCC)
- Minors below 3 years
- In the absence of a Marriage Registration Certificate, a notarized joint photo affidavit signed by both husband and wife as per Annexure - D should be accepted only in case of their marriage held before 24.11.2009.
- If the marriage took place on or after 24.11.2009, a Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar General of Marriages OR Registrar of Marriages OR Sub-Registrar or Marriages is mandatory.
- Public Visiting Hours at Regional Passport Office, Chennai : 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM on all working days except Tuesday.
- Every tuesday will be observed as Internal review day, hence public enquiry of Onhold /Escalation cases will not be attended at Regional Passport Office (RPO) Chennai.
- Passport Office’s working hours : 09.15 a.m. to 05.45 p.m. with the lunch break of half an hour from 01.15 p.m. to 01.45 p.m).
- With effect from 17th Aug 2015, Tatkaal Appointments is released only for location RPO Chennai (PBO Chennai) located at Royala Towers No.2 and 3, 4th Floor, Old No.785, New No.158, Anna Salai, Chennai-600002.
- Press Release dated 07-10-2014
As a welfare measure, a special General Health Check Up Camp by Apollo Hospitals was organized on 9th May 2015 in which 28 Doctors and Para-medical staff have attended more than 80 staff and their family members were benefitted.$passportRpoPassport Mela is being conducted at PSK - Tirupati on 29th August 2015. ** Passport Camp is being conducted at Aundh (Pune) from 1st July till 30th September 2015, at Darbhanga (Patna) from 17th June to 30th September 2015, at Leh (Srinagar) from 27th to 29th August 2015 and at Eluru (Visakhapatnam) on 29th and 30th August 2015. Please refer 'Passport Office Page' section for more details. ** Common Service Centers (CSC) may be availed for filling and uploading application forms, payment of applicable fee and scheduling of appointment, at a nominal charge not exceeding Rs. 100/-. ** Handwritten passports or passports with 20 years validity should be replaced as they are not machine readable passports.$passportRpo
| Designation || Name || Phone No. || Fax No. |
| Regional Passport Officer || Shri K. Balamurugan || 91-44-28518848 || 91-44-28513637 |
| DPO || Shri A.Sivanandam || 91-44-28513639,91-44-28513638 || 91-44-28513637 |
| DPO || Smt. R. Uma Maheswari || 91-44-28513639,91-44-28513638 || 91-44-28513637 |
| Nodal Officer for RTI || Shri K. Balamurugan Regional Passport Officer || 91-44-28518848 || 91-44-28513637 |
| Nodal Officer for Grievance || Smt. R. Uma Maheswari Deputy Passport Officer || 91-44-28513638 || |
| Officers Up to APO |
| Shri S.Hemanathan |
| Smt. C.Bharathy |
| Shri L.Gopinath |