The current opening time of appointments is 2:30 PM.
Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendra(s) under this Passport Office. Click here for details.
- Categories of Applicants allowed as “Walk-In with ARN”
Following mentioned categories of applicants are allowed as "Walk-in Applicants". Applicants falling under these categories need to register Online, fill in the online application form and generate Application Reference Number (ARN) at least one day in advance before visiting the PSK. With effective from 15th July,2015 such applicants may visit the PSK with required set of documents and a copy of printed ARN sheet between 02:00 PM to 4:00 PM only on all working days except Mondays. No walk-ins allowed at Tambaram and Aminjikarai PSKs.
For PSK Saligramam:
- Senior citizens above 60 years
- Physically challenged Applicants (Certified)
- Police Clearance Certificate(PCC)
- Minors below 3 years
- In the absence of a Marriage Registration Certificate, a notarized joint photo affidavit signed by both husband and wife as per Annexure - D should be accepted only in case of their marriage held before 24.11.2009.
- If the marriage took place on or after 24.11.2009, a Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar General of Marriages OR Registrar of Marriages OR Sub-Registrar or Marriages is mandatory.
- Public Visiting Hours at Regional Passport Office, Chennai : 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM on all working days except Tuesday.
- Every tuesday will be observed as Internal review day, hence public enquiry of Onhold /Escalation cases will not be attended at Regional Passport Office (RPO) Chennai.
- Passport Office’s working hours : 09.15 a.m. to 05.45 p.m. with the lunch break of half an hour from 01.15 p.m. to 01.45 p.m).
- With effect from 17th Aug 2015, Tatkaal Appointments is released only for location RPO Chennai (PBO Chennai) located at Royala Towers No.2 and 3, 4th Floor, Old No.785, New No.158, Anna Salai, Chennai-600002.
- Recent Flooding in Chennai and costal districts of Tamil Nadu left many people homeless and also led to loss of property.As a social responsibility initiative Passport Ministry of External Affairs request the public or wiling passport applicant to donote any article (clothes,utensils and any house hold articles) that can be channalised to the needy through govt or non-govt agencies.
- Advisory- Special Passport Services to residents of the flood affected districts covered under RPO Chennai.
- Press Release dated 07-10-2014
As a welfare measure, a special General Health Check Up Camp by Apollo Hospitals was organized on 9th May 2015 in which 28 Doctors and Para-medical staff have attended more than 80 staff and their family members were benefitted.$passportRpoMEA liberalizes Police Verification procedure for Passport issuance and Launches mPassport Police App to cut delays in submission of PV report. For details, please refer to Press Note on www.passportindia.gov.in.** Five day appointment window for Citizen's convenience. ** For latest advisory on Aadhaar, please refer notices and updates on the portal. ** Special Passport Services to residents of the flood affected districts covered under the RPO Chennai starting 8th Dec 2015.** Passport Camp is being held at Darbhanga (Patna) from 17th Jun to 12th Feb 2016,at Indore (Bhopal), Sawai Madhopur (Jaipur) and Balasore (Bhubneswar) on 13th and 14th Feb 2016. ** Please refer 'Passport Office Page' for more details.$passportRpo
| Designation || Name || Phone No. || Fax No. |
| Regional Passport Officer || Shri K. Balamurugan || 91-44-28518848 || 91-44-28513637 |
| DPO || Shri A.Sivanandam || 91-44-28513639,91-44-28513638 || 91-44-28513637 |
| DPO || Smt. R. Uma Maheswari || 91-44-28513639,91-44-28513638 || 91-44-28513637 |
| Nodal Officer for RTI || Shri K. Balamurugan Regional Passport Officer || 91-44-28518848 || 91-44-28513637 |
| Nodal Officer for Grievance || Smt. R. Uma Maheswari Deputy Passport Officer || 91-44-28513638 || |
| Officers Up to APO |
| Shri S.Hemanathan |
| Smt. C.Bharathy |
| Shri L.Gopinath |