The current opening time of appointments is 2:30 PM.
Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendra(s) under this Passport Office. Click here for details.
- Categories of Applicants allowed as “Walk-In with ARN”
Following mentioned categories of applicants are allowed as "Walk-in Applicants". Applicants falling under these categories need to register Online, fill in the online application form and generate Application Reference Number (ARN) at least one day in advance before visiting the PSK. With effective from 01st March 2016 such applicants may visit the PSK Saligramam as per the time slot mentioned against each category with required set of documents and a copy of printed ARN sheet on all working days except Mondays. No walk-ins are allowed at Tambaram and Aminjikarai PSKs.
- Senior citizens above 60 years 09.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
- Physically challenged applicants (certified) 09.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
- Minor below 3 years 09.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
- Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) 02.00 p.m. to 04.00 p.m.
Tatkal Applications which were scrutinized at PBO and advised to apply under normal course are allowed as ‘Walk-in’ in all three PSKs between 02.00 p.m. and 04.00p.m. on all working .
- In the absence of a Marriage Registration Certificate, a notarized joint photo affidavit signed by both husband and wife as per Annexure - D should be accepted only in case of their marriage held before 24.11.2009.
- If the marriage took place on or after 24.11.2009, a Marriage Certificate issued by the Registrar General of Marriages OR Registrar of Marriages OR Sub-Registrar or Marriages is mandatory.
- Public Visiting Hours at Regional Passport Office, Chennai : 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM on all working days except Tuesday.
- Every tuesday will be observed as Internal review day, hence public enquiry of Onhold /Escalation cases will not be attended at Regional Passport Office (RPO) Chennai.
- Passport Office’s working hours : 09.15 a.m. to 05.45 p.m. with the lunch break of half an hour from 01.15 p.m. to 01.45 p.m).
- With effect from 17th Aug 2015, Tatkaal Appointments is released only for location RPO Chennai (PBO Chennai) located at Royala Towers No.2 and 3, 4th Floor, Old No.785, New No.158, Anna Salai, Chennai-600002.
- Press Release dated 07-10-2014
- Press Release- Mini PSK for Puducherry and Karaikkal Districts Applicants
- Advisory: Citizen Service Center at RPO Main Office
- Advisory: Acceptance of Walk-in, tatkaal rejection cases & late arrivals of applicants
- Press release Social Audit Cell
As a welfare measure, a special General Health Check Up Camp by Apollo Hospitals was organized on 9th May 2015 in which 28 Doctors and Para-medical staff have attended more than 80 staff and their family members were benefitted.$passportRpoPassport India 2015 - An Year of Smart Citizen Service delivery. A Mini Passport Seva Kendra for the residents of Puducherry and Karaikkal districts covered under the RPO Chennai starting 22nd Feb 2016.$passportRpoThis section is currently not available.$passportRpoThis section is currently not available.$passportRpo19/07/2016$passportRpo29/04/2016$passportRpo19/07/2016