The current opening time of appointments is 1:30 PM.
Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendra(s) under this Passport Office. Click here for details.
- Categories of Applicants allowed as “Walk-In with ARN”
Following mentioned categories of applicants are allowed as" Walk-in Applicants". Applicants falling under these categories need to register Online, fill in the online application form and generate Application Reference Number (ARN) at least one day in advance before visiting the PSK. Such applicants may visit all PSKs under Cochin RPO with required set of documents and a copy of printed ARN sheet between 9.30 AM to 11.30 AM only.
- Applicants whose files are kept 'On Hold' for submitting additional documents.
- It is observed that a large number of applicants, who are not normally residents of the area under the jurisdiction of Regional Passport Office, Cochin, apply for passports by suppressing present address with the plea that their permanent residence falls within the jurisdiction of this office. In this connection, it may be noted that passports are issued to applicants on the basis of their present address and not their permanent address unless they happen to be one and the same. The only exceptions are serving military personnel and students who may apply for passports from their permanent address.
- Since this is a violation of the Passports Act, applicants are advised to desist from doing so. Passports already issued on such applications are liable to be cancelled. Where passports have not been issued, such applications are liable to be closed without issuing passport on receipt of adverse police reports.
- Applicants can visit Regional Passport Office (RPO) Cochin for enquiry between 09:30 AM to 11:30 AM from Monday to Friday identified as Enquiry Days by RPO in a week.
- With effect from 7th October 2014, all Walk-in categories are withdrawn at the 5 PSKs (PSK Tripunithura , PSK Aluva, PSK Kottayam, PSK Alappuzha and PSK Thrissur) under the jurisdiction of RPO Cochin, except for Applicants whose files are kept 'On Hold' for submission of additional documents. Such applicants may visit all PSKs under Cochin RPO with required set of documents between 9.30 AM to 11.30 AM. All applications will be accepted with scheduled appointments only.
- The Regional Passport Office ,Cochin is commencing a PO PSK in sub post office (Kavaratti),UT of Lakshadweep. Appointment will be released on 20th February 2017. Only fresh and renewal applications on account of expiry will be accepted in PO psk camp. Application for PCC,Tatkaal and Lost/Damaged cases will not be accepted . Cash & DD payment will not be accepted. Applicants have to take the appointment by making payment online.
To participate in this PO PSK camp, interested applicants have to log on to the official website
‘www.passportindia.gov.in’ , register on-line and generate ARN( Application Reference Number),take an online appointment by making the payment online . Applicants participating in the camp should bring the print out of ARN to the venue of the camp and requisite documents in originals plus two set of self attested photocopies of all documents. The applicants are also advised to carry two passport size photographs with white background to meet any exigency.
- It has been decided to hold a Passport Mela in PSK Aluva on 18.03.2017.500 Online appointments for this Passport Mela will be released on 09-03-2017 at 1.30 pm. Applications under Tatkkal scheme or for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) will not be accepted in the Mela. Applicants residing in Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Kottayam ,Palakkad and Thrissur districts can submit their applications during the Mela. For online registration and more information,please visit www.passportindia.gov.in. Applicants may visit Passport Seva Kendra, Aluva at the scheduled appointment time after taking online appointment .The ARN and requisite documents in original along with self attested photocopies should be brought by the applicant on the day for submission.
- It has been decided to hold a Passport Mela in Passport Seva Kendra, Thrissur on 18.03.2017. 1000 Online Appointments for this Passport Mela will be released on 09.03.2017. Applications under Tatkal Scheme or for Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) will not be accepted in the Mela. The applicants residing in Palakkad, Thrissur, Eranakulam, Idukki, Kottayam and Alappuzha districts can submit their passport applications during the Mela. For online registration and more information, please visit www.passportindia.gov.in .Applicants may visit Passport Seva Kendra, Thrissur at the scheduled appointment time after taking online appointment. The ARN and requisite documents in original along with self attested photocopies should be brought by the applicant on the day for submission.
- Press Release dated 9-1-2015
- Press Release Amini Island Camp
- Press Release for Passport Mela at PSK Thrissur dated 21st Jan 2017
- Press Release for Passport Mela at PSK Aluva dated 4th Feb 2017
- Press Release for POPSK at Kavaratti (Lakshadweep).
- Press Release for Passport Adalat dated 4th March 2017
Passport Seva Camp will be organized at Lakshadweep from 22nd March 2016( Tuesday) to 24th March 2016 in Minicoy Island, U.T. of Lakshadweep . Please refer to Passport Office Connect section for more details.$passportRpoPassport India 2015 - An Year of Smart Citizen Service delivery$passportRpoThis section is currently not available.$passportRpoThis section is currently not available.$passportRpo29/04/2016$passportRpo29/04/2016$passportRpo29/04/2016