The current opening time of appointments is 1:30 PM.
Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendra(s) under this Passport Office. Click here for details.
- Categories of Applicants allowed as “Walk-In with ARN”
Following mentioned categories of applicants are allowed as" Walk-in Applicants". Applicants falling under these categories need to register Online, fill in the online application form and generate Application Reference Number (ARN) at least one day in advance before visiting the PSK. Such applicants may visit all PSKs under Cochin RPO with required set of documents and a copy of printed ARN sheet between 9.30 AM to 11.30 AM only.
- Applicants whose files are kept 'On Hold' for submitting additional documents.
- It is observed that a large number of applicants, who are not normally residents of the area under the jurisdiction of Regional Passport Office, Cochin, apply for passports by suppressing present address with the plea that their permanent residence falls within the jurisdiction of this office. In this connection, it may be noted that passports are issued to applicants on the basis of their present address and not their permanent address unless they happen to be one and the same. The only exceptions are serving military personnel and students who may apply for passports from their permanent address.
- Since this is a violation of the Passports Act, applicants are advised to desist from doing so. Passports already issued on such applications are liable to be cancelled. Where passports have not been issued, such applications are liable to be closed without issuing passport on receipt of adverse police reports.
- Applicants can visit Regional Passport Office (RPO) Cochin for enquiry between 09:30 AM to 11:30 AM from Monday to Friday identified as Enquiry Days by RPO in a week.
- With effect from 7th October 2014, all Walk-in categories are withdrawn at the 5 PSKs (PSK Tripunithura , PSK Aluva, PSK Kottayam, PSK Alappuzha and PSK Thrissur) under the jurisdiction of RPO Cochin, except for Applicants whose files are kept 'On Hold' for submission of additional documents. Such applicants may visit all PSKs under Cochin RPO with required set of documents between 9.30 AM to 11.30 AM. All applications will be accepted with scheduled appointments only.
- The Regional Passport Office ,Cochin is holding a” Passport Seva Camp” from 10th Nov 2016 (Thursday ) & 11th November 2016 (Friday) in Amini Island ,U.T. of Lakshadweep to facilitate submission of passport applications by the residents of Amini Island. The applications will be received from 9.30 am to 3.30 pm. Applicants may please note that admission to the camp and submission of applications will be on walk -in mode on first come first served basis. Only fresh and renewal applications on account of expiry will be accepted in the Passport Seva Camp. Application for PCC,Tatkaal and Lost/Damaged cases will not be accepted . No cash payment will be accepted. To participate in this Passport Seva Camp, interested applicants have to log on to the official website ‘www.passportindia.gov.in’ , register on-line and generate ARN( Application Reference Number) . Applicants participating in the camp should bring the print out of ARN to the venue of the camp along with the requisite fee by the way of Demand Draft favouring PAO,MEA Payable at Cochin and requisite documents in originals plus two set of self attested photocopies of all documents. The applicants are also advised to carry two passport size photographs with white background to meet any exigency.
- All Regional Passport Offices and the Passport Seva Kendras in Kerala will remain closed on 12th December, 2016 on account of Id-e-Milad, instead of 13th December, 2016. Applicants who have obtained appointments in the Passport Seva Kendras on 12th December, 2016 are advised to visit the respective PSKs on 13th December, 2016 in the same reporting time as received for 12th December, 2016.
- Press Release dated 9-1-2015
- Press Release Amini Island Camp
- Press Release for Passport Mela at PSK Thrissur dated 21st Jan 2017
Passport Seva Camp will be organized at Lakshadweep from 22nd March 2016( Tuesday) to 24th March 2016 in Minicoy Island, U.T. of Lakshadweep . Please refer to Passport Office Connect section for more details.$passportRpoPassport India 2015 - An Year of Smart Citizen Service delivery. On account of change in holiday of Milad-Un-Nabi, Appointment for 12th Dec'2016 has been post-poned to 13th Dec'2016 on same time slot.
$passportRpoThis section is currently not available.$passportRpoThis section is currently not available.$passportRpo29/04/2016$passportRpo29/04/2016$passportRpo29/04/2016