The current opening time of appointments is 11:00 AM.
Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendra(s) under this Passport Office. Click here for details.
Categories of Applicants allowed as "Walk-In with ARN"
Following mentioned categories of applicants are allowed as "Walk-in Applicants". Applicants falling under these categories need to register Online, fill in the online application form and generate Application Reference Number (ARN) at least one day in advance before visiting the PSK. Such applicants may visit the PSK with required set of documents and a copy of printed ARN sheet between 10.00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m on every working day.
1) Senior Citizens
2)Minor upto 6 years of age whose parents hold Indian valid passport with spouse name duly endrosed.
- With effect from 11th Aug 2014, applicants applying for PCC need to book appointments under the said category and visit the PSK for further processing of their applications.
- With effect from 01 March 2013, applicants applying under Tatkaal, and those who are in need of passports for Educational, Medical, Visa interview, job purpose etc., and not able to get appointments for Passport Seva Kendra (PSK), may visit Regional Passport Office (RPO), Guwahati located at Rani Bagan, Basistha Road, 3rd Bye Lane, Guwahati-781028 with required documents and a print-out of the Online Application Receipt (ARN Sheet) between 10:00 am to 12 :00 Noon. Applicants will be entertained on first come first serve basis.
- Applicants are advised not to book appointment for Tatkal Applications against NORMAL Quota. Appointment for Tatkal Applications should be booked against TATKAL QUOTA only.
- Applicants can visit the Regional Passport Office, Guwahati for enquiries between 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM ONLY on any working day.
- All applicants having present address and place of birth in the state of Nagaland (except minors and Govt/PSU employees) need to bring 5 hard copies of coloured passport size photographs when they visit PSK Guwahati on the scheduled appointment date and time. It is mandatory to provide the same during submission of applications at the PSK.
- Applicants for Tatkal (Fresh & Re-issue) and Normal (Fresh & Re-issue) cases should select their respective PSK/PSLK while booking appointment online and accordingly visit respective PSK/PSLK with printout of the Appointment Sheet (ARN), requisite original documents and a set of self attested photocopies of documents as per their appointment timings. Applicants from North Eastern States under RPO Guwahati are advised to apply at their respective PSK's / PSLK's, which is as under.
Assam- PSK Guwahati (Applicants form district of West Garo Hills, South-West Garo Hills, South Garo Hills, East Garo Hills and North Garo Hills of Meghalaya can apply at PSK Guwahati.)
Meghalaya- PSLK, Shillong
Manipur- PSLK, Imphal
Nagaland- PSLK, Dimapur (Applicants from Golaghat, Jorhat, Karbi Anglong District may also apply at Passport Seva Kendra, Dimapur)
Mizoram- PSLK, Aizawl
Arunachal Pradesh- PSLK, Itanagar (Applicants from districts of Lakhimpur and Dhemaji of Assam can apply at PSLK, Itanagar.)
Applicants from Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh will not be entertained at PSK, Guwahati.
- RPO Guwahati is opening Post Office Passport Seva Kendra at Silchar which would commence from 27.03.2017. POPSK Silchar will process application from applicants residing in the districts of Cachar, Dima Hasao, Hailakandi and Karimganj. Applicants who intend to apply for fresh (Normal) and re-issue (Normal) only, can apply at POPSK Silchar. Tatkaal and PCC application will not be processed at POPSK at present. The applicant should pay online, schedule appointment after registering in the website www. passportindia .gov.in. Applicant should visit the POPSK with the print out of the Appointment Sheet (ARN), requisite original documents and a set of self- attested photocopy of the documents. Payment should be made online while booking appointment. Cash or demand draft will not be accepted at the POPSK. Applicants should visit POPSK for submission of application as per the scheduled appointment date and time. Booking of appointment would be released effective 24.03.2017.
Chief Minister, Dr. Mukul Sangma on 14th November, 2014 formally launched Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) in Shillong at a function at State Convention Centre in the gracious presence of State Cabinet Ministers, MPs, MLAs and other dignitaries. The people of Meghalaya will no longer need to travel to Guwahati for passport services.$passportRpoPassport India 2015 - An Year of Smart Citizen Service delivery. .$passportRpoThis section is currently not available.$passportRpoThis section is currently not available.$passportRpo29/04/2016$passportRpo29/04/2016$passportRpo29/04/2016