The current opening time of appointments is 3:00 PM.
Online Payment has been made mandatory for booking appointments at Passport Seva Kendra(s) under this Passport Office. Click here for details.
Below categories of Applicants are allowed as Walkins with ARN at PSK Malad and PSK Andheri only, between 9am to 10am. Further we request all applicants to come with a valid appointment. The Walk-in categories are not applicable for Tatkaal Applications. Kindly note any category of Walk-in applications are not allowed at PSK Lower Parel Following mentioned categories of applicants are allowed as “Walk-in Applicants”. Applicants falling under these categories need to register Online, fill in the online application form and generate Application Reference Number (ARN) at least one day in advance before visiting the PSK. Such applicants may visit the PSK with required set of documents in original along with self attested copies and printed ARN sheet.
- Senior Citizens (60 years and above)
- Minors below 6 years of age whose parents hold valid passports with spouse name duly endorsed
- Physically challenged applicants (including visually impaired, deaf and mute reporting with certificate
- Please note that Tatkaal application processing will start only after checking of required documents, Police Verification status / confirmation of Verification Certificate. Annexure – “F”, to be given in Duplicate (i.e. both copies should be on official letter head with original signatures and stamps / seals) along with Standard Affidavit as at Annexure “I”, is mandatory for Tatkaal Applications made in fresh category. However, these may also be applicable in certain re-issue cases as well.
- Applicants can visit RPO Mumbai for enquiry between 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM ONLY from Monday to Friday (Except Wednesday) identified as Enquiry Days by RPO in a week. Please note no enquiries will be entertained on Wednesdays.
- It has been decided by the Ministry of External Affairs that after 20th December, 2013 onwards, No applicant will be allowed as walk-in from Aurangabad City/ Rural, Beed, Ratnagiri, Sindhudurga, Daman, Silvassa, Dadra and Nagar Havelli (under the jurisdiction of RPO Mumbai). Applicants of the above districts are advised to visit PSKs with prior Online Appointments only.
- Applicants residing on rental basis are requested to fill their permanent address at appropriate column. Non-disclosure of permanent address causes unnecessary delay in processing & police verification and may attract penal provisions.
- Students staying away from their parental / native address can apply from either address. However, both current and permanent / parental addresses should be disclosed in passport application form. It has been observed that many students, while applying under jurisdiction of their permanent / parental address, do not disclose their current address where they are studying causes unnecessary delay in processing & police verification and attracts penal provisions. For instance, an applicant having permanent / parental address at Mumbai and studying at Bangalore can (i) apply under RPO Bangalore with Current address at Bangalore along with Previous & Permanent / parental address at Mumbai (ii) apply under RPO Mumbai with current & permanent / parental address at Mumbai along with previous address at Bangalore.
- Many applicants apply from address where they are not residing or which has gone for renovation. In such cases Police Verification Reports are received as Adverse / Not Recommended. It may attract penal provision. Therefore, it is advised that applicant should furnish correct information regarding current address.
- Details of previously held passports, if any, must be filled in appropriate column. If any application previously made was closed due to any reasons, it should be disclosed in appropriated place.
- Both parents are required to be present along with their passports and Annexure H. In case either parent is resident abroad, the consent of that parent in Annexure –H duly attested by the Indian Mission / Post should be submitted along with Annexure – H signed by parent submitting the Passport Application. Or should submit Affidavit as per Annexure G.
- In case applicant is submitting rent agreement in support of address proof, it should be duly registered under Section 17 of the Registration Act, 1908 and executed in favour of the tenant by the landlord for a period of more than one year.
- Applicants who are 10th pass and above, ensure that the original educational documents are produced and they are scanned with the application at the PSK, for grant of Non-ECR status. ECR status for the same shall be printed as 'no' on the acknowledgement letter given at the time of exit, which may be verified before exit.
- Please refer the link for FAQ's for change of date of birth : FAQ's for Change of DOB
- Please refer the link for FAQ's Any citizen born in India can apply for delayed registration of Birth, irrespective of date of birth, with the local govt designated Registrar of Births and Deaths under Section 13 of the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969, with a declaration made before a First Class Magistrate. s/he can then apply for issue of fresh Birth certificate :Click here for more details
- RPO Mumbai has decided to have PASSPORT CAMP on 3rd and 4th December, 2016 for applicants residing at Aurangabad and Beed District. All applicants who would like to avail this opportunity shall book their appointments by paying fees Online and should come with Application Reference Number (ARN) Sheet which has appointment of above date, along-with requisite set of Original documents with photocopies duly self-attested. Appointments shall be released on 30th November, 2016 at 3 pm sharp. Applicants kindly note Tatkaal, Walk-in Categories, PCC and On Hold Applicants will not be entertained on this date.
- Online payment / fee shall be forfeited if applicant exhausts three appointments or does not submit application at Passport Seva Kendra / Passport office within one year from the first appointment date, which-ever is earlier. In such cases applicant will be required to make fresh online application and pay requisite fees.
- Re-submission of application form is required in case the applicant does not visit the PSK within 90 days from the online form submission.
- For files on Hold – due to non-availability of required set of documents, - applicant can visit the same Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) as per the time mentioned in the appointment slip / exit letter. Further, applicant should complete the necessary procedure within 365 days of the Application Date or the application will be closed and fees will be forfeited. Thereafter, applicant may apply again and pay the requisite fees.
- While filling the application, Applicant need to provide two References from the same police station jurisdiction where applicant is residing currently.
- It is compulsory for Diplomatic and Official passport applicants to fill Application Reference Number Sheet online and submit the sheet along-with other necessary documents as verified by RPO Mumbai, before visiting Passport Seva Kendra and process their application accordingly.
- RPO Mumbai has decided to have PASSPORT CAMP on 12th and 13th November, 2016 for applicants residing at Daman and Dadra and Nagar Havelli. All applicants who would like to avail this opportunity shall book their appointments by paying fees Online and should come with Application Reference Number (ARN) Sheet which has appointment of above date, along-with requisite set of Original documents with photocopies duly self-attested. Appointments shall be released on 9th November, 2016 at 3 pm sharp. Applicants kindly note Tatkaal, Walk-in Categories, PCC and On Hold Applicants will not be entertained on this date.
- Press Release : Details and Process for Attestation / Apostille Services
Attention is invited for the passport applications submitted in the years 2012, 2013 and 2014.
$passportRpoPassport India 2015 - An Year of Smart Citizen Service delivery$passportRpoThis section is currently not available.$passportRpoThis section is currently not available.$passportRpo29/04/2016$passportRpo29/04/2016$passportRpo29/04/2016
- Files pending for more than one year are being closed.
- While visiting Regional Passport Office, applicants are requested to carry all relevant documents. In case any documents have been submitted at later stage, proof of submitting the same should also be furnished.
- It may be noted that fee once paid is non-refundable and shall be forfeited for closed files.
- The files which stand "Closed" shall NOT be re-opened. Such applicants need to apply afresh and pay the requisite fee.